The Housing Studies Association (HSA) is run by members, for members, on a voluntary basis, and we are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our leadership team.
As a small association, with limited resources, the HSA board is entrusted to carry out almost all of the management and administration of our affairs, and to further our development.
That's why we are excited to announce that we are seeking applications for members to join the HSA board. As a board member, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of the HSA and helping us achieve our mission to promote and support the study of housing. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about the field of housing and are committed to making a positive impact in the community.
As a board member, you will be expected to attend board meetings, which are held four times a year. You will also be responsible for organising an annual conference as a sub-committee during your term of office. Additionally, we ask that board members make the effort to attend HSA conferences, particularly to welcome new members, chair workshops, and generally support the conference organisers.
There are specific Officer roles on the board responsible for the day-to-day running of the Association. It is anticipated that board members will contribute to the running of the Association as Officers over their terms. Officer roles include chair, vice chair, secretary, membership officer, communications officer, and awards officer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your leadership and organisational skills, positively impact the housing community, and connect with like-minded professionals. By joining the HSA board, you will gain valuable experience, contribute to the association's development, and work alongside other passionate individuals who share your vision.
If you are interested in joining the HSA board and helping to shape the future of housing studies, please submit your application to [email protected] by 5pm on Friday 1st March 2024.
- Only individuals with valid membership of the Association are eligible to stand for election to the board.
- Individuals must be eligible to serve as a Director of a Ltd Company, i.e. be over the age of 16, not be an undischarged bankrupt, and not be a disqualified director.
- If more applications are received than total number of spaces available, this may be put to the membership for a vote.
- Board member terms are for three years, with ability to serve further terms following successful reappointment.
- Successful elections to the Board will be announced at the Annual General Meeting on Monday 15th April 2024 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Sheffield.
We look forward to receiving your application and welcoming you to the team!