Focus Ireland is currently advertising a 'Research Co-ordinator' post. To apply please forward your CV, Cover letter to [email protected] by 7th February 2020
Job title: Research Co-ordinator
Reporting to: Director of Advocacy, Communications and Research
Purpose of Job:
Focus Ireland has a recognised track record of producing high quality research into the causes, impacts and solutions to homelessness. The Research Officer is responsible for managing the organisation’s research programme and maintaining this record of timely, relevant and reliable research.
Contract: This is a full-time Permanent contract
- Competitive salary
- 28 Annual leave days
- Early Friday finish
- Excellent Pension
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Taxsaver Travel Scheme
- Social Club
- Master’s level qualification in Social Policy, Sociology or related subject
- Experience of commissioning and managing research projects
- Experience of managing publication of reports
- A good understanding of the Irish political system and public policy formation in Ireland, particularly in relation to social and housing policy.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and non-verbal)
- A PhD level qualification in Social Policy, Sociology or related field
- 2 years’ experience commissioning/managing research projects
- Research experience in the area of homelessness
- Publication in the area of homelessness or related field
- Managing a research budget
- Managing EU-funded research project
- Experience of working with people who are homeless or similar vulnerable group
- Manage the commissioning, execution and publication of research projects on behalf of Focus Ireland, in line with the research programme and budget
- Work with the Director of Advocacy to develop an annual research programme and research budget for approval by the Research Sub-Committee
- Supervise and manage the work of the Research Officer, research interns and research volunteers.
- Undertake research projects of relevance to the work of Focus Ireland
- Manage the publication process for all reports, ensuring the highest quality standards and conformity to brand guidelines, and work closely with other team members in planning and implementing a communications and dissemination strategy for each report
- Work closely with managers and staff across the organisation in undertaking research and evaluating services in line with the strategic plan
- Work with Services and Focus Housing to produce the Annual Statistics Report, and other statistical reports on Focus Ireland service use
- Supporting the development and implementation of formal evaluation protocols, management information systems and impact indicators to measure the effectiveness of Focus Ireland in meeting its objectives.
- Contribute to web or blog content, as required
- To convene and provide support to the Focus Ireland Research Sub-Committee (also known as Research Advisory Group (RAG) and Focus Ireland Research Ethics Committee.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time by the Director of Advocacy